Thomas Hardy

MTS Apprentice 2022-2023

So Tom… who’s in your family?

I have been married to my beautiful wife Sarah since 2019, I have two great parents, a younger brother and older sister.


Why did you choose to do a ministry apprenticeship?

I chose to do a ministry apprenticeship for a couple of reasons. During my time at University an MTSer spent time with me digging into God’s word and helping me with my walk with God which shaped my understanding of what a ministry apprenticeship was like. So I chose to do an apprenticeship because I wanted to share the good news of Jesus with others in different ministry contexts, spend more of my time doing ministry, and to see if full time ministry is something I could do in the long term.


What were you doing before your apprenticeship?

I worked as an independent Quantity Surveyor for a company in Newcastle. We would provide cost advice to clients for construction developments they were planning. I worked there for several years after completing my university degree.


Have you thought about what you’ll do afterwards?

Doing MTS allows for time to consider doing ministry in a full-time context or going back to the secular workplace. Right now, I’m prayerfully considering whether I should do ministry full time; going to Bible college and serving God wherever the opportunity comes to spread the gospel to others.

Would you support Tom...


Key ministry areas

  • Youth group
  • 5pm congregation
  • SRE (school scripture)
  • Young adult Growth Group leading

Other prayer points

  • Growth in personal godliness and character
  • Diligence in the set study and readings
  • Growing wisdom to know how best to serve God after the traineeship


70% of Tom’s income is provided by our church, with the goal of raising the remaining 30% through supporters like you. This is to help ease the financial bottleneck, enabling more of our trainers to raise up future gospel leaders like Tom.

Would you consider supporting Tom through regular bank transfers – even $5 per week helps. Or if regular support isn’t possible, a one off gift would still be very helpful.

Financial support can be directed through the church account, provided it is clearly marked.

Account Name: All Saints ANeW

BSB: 705-077

Account Number: 0004 1184

Reference: MTS Tom


To let Tom know you’re supporting him, or to ask any questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call.


m 0422 066 328


NEW LAMBTON 33 Regent St

Sunday   8am | 10am | 5pm

Wednesday 10.30am